The end of the year is always a time to celebrate. And that means parties with festive food, fun, and frivolity. But the best parties include entertainment that leaves a lasting impression and a desire to be on next year’s guest list. These extravagant entertainment options will show you how to heat up your 2015 holiday party.
Location, location, location. This doesn’t only apply to real estate, but also to creating the best parties. Traditional, elegant venues like beautiful ballrooms and stunning resorts will never disappoint. But, if you are looking for something just a bit different, there are many ways to use unique venues to make your event pop.
1. City Center. As the classic song says, “You can always go Downtown.” With so many cities spending dollars on revitalization efforts, what better way to celebrate than with a party. This venue is perfect for exploring the multi-use aspects of everyday spaces, in which the beauty of the architecture integrates with artists, musicians, and other entertainers.
2. Local Landmarks: Visitors and locals alike are always seeking favorite hot spots. This can apply to your venue choice as well. Create a stunning and unexpected event that allows a well-known spot to become something greater. Don’t overlook those special spots unique to your locale. Places like zoos, museums, libraries, gardens, and restored buildings can provide your guests with a feeling of connection, and resonate with all the senses.
3. National Treasures: No matter what area of the country you are in, there are opportunities to enjoy attractions as a venue for your event. Greeters can meet guests for guided tours, entertainment can take center stage, or food vendors and other culinary creations can be highlighted. Use the natural beauty of your surroundings to create something truly spectacular and specific to your area.
Everyone wants a party that grabs the attention of the audience and social media users. One of the best ways to ensure a memorable event is with top-notch entertainment. This is especially true with unique, creative, and spectacular acts. Here are some unusual entertainment ideas that create the wow factor.
1. LED-Lighted Performers: LED lighting has transitioned from a stage effect to a brilliant and attractive way to dress entertainers. Whether dancers, greeters, or even as party favors for your guests, a little bit of light brings something special to all aspects of entertainment. (Special Thanks to Fable Photography)
2. Drum Line: Thrill your guests with the heart-pounding sounds of a pulsating drum line. This musical delight is no longer limited to college football games or energizing morning kick-offs, it can provide just the right amount of spunk to any event or party. An added kick is the LED lights that appear on the drums.
3. Unique Cirque: Audiences have been delighted with the technical artistry of cirque performers for the past decade. When the beautiful movement is combined with 3-D shapes in a woven dance of tangible and intangible energy, the result is astounding. Through the interaction, the body becomes art. Be prepared for the unusual.
Each year professionals in the catering and event industry gather to communicate, celebrate, and educate themselves on the latest and greatest innovations in their profession. This year’s NACE Experience 2015, held in Scottsdale, Arizona, didn’t disappoint. For those of you who were unable to attend, here are some vital ideas that will help you create a fantastic event.
1. Keeping Customers Loyal: In a valuable keynote presentation, marketing expert Jackie Huba tells businesses to treasure their loyal customers and not spend a disproportionate amount of time seeking new ones. The 1 percent base of customers who stay loyal are worthy of your total energy. Give them opportunities to talk about what you are doing, stay connected with them, and remember that word of mouth is the best tool any good business can use.
2. Culinary Trends: Moderated by the illustrious Chef Egg, attendees were educated by 4 preeminent chefs in today’s most effective trends in cuisine. The primary of which is the use of local produce and age-old techniques for healthy and delicious cooking. Some chefs even have access to their own gardens on resort properties. Additionally, use of a Sous Vide Precision Cooker is gaining popularity once again. This lengthy and consistent process, which was used more than 100 years ago, allows for incredible uniformity for large groups without diminishing food value or taste.
3. Stay Focused: Creative business owners were reminded by celebrity designer Colin Cowie to stay focused on both tasks and theme as they work to create spectacular events. Whether planning a wedding for 50 or a grand gala for 5,000, stimulate the 5 senses and you will have success.
You’ve decided to have a Casino Party event. Now is the time to book all of the necessary talent. But, you want it to be the ultimate in fun and entertainment. Lucky for you, there are many ways to make your casino night a winner.
1. Add Costumed Greeters. Who wouldn’t want to add beauty to an event? Hiring showgirl greeters to set the stage as your guests enter is the perfect way to break the ice and begin the party. In today’s social media driven society, a few photos with costumed showgirls is not only a bonus, but also one of the most coveted mementos.
2. Add an Elvis Impersonator. Bringing the King to your event just steps up your game to a whole new level. This entertainer can not only do meet and greet, but also perform classic songs while interacting with guests. They might even believe they’ve transported to Las Vegas as they hear the iconic sound of “All Shook Up” or “Jailhouse Rock.”
3. Add a Las Vegas Floor Show. Delight your guests with a full house of entertainment from the casino to greeters and Elvis, to a theme show complete with live band, singers, and choreographed dance routines. Whether its the dazzling costumes, or incredible talent, your attendees will feel like they’ve been dealt a royal flush.
Today’s audiences are sophisticated. They demand more unique entertainment that stuns a crowd with the “Wow Factor.” To surpass any event planner’s expectations, it is essential that companies hire live entertainment that comes alive. Luckily, there are several options that can help create a party that no one will soon forget.
1. Theme parties with glamorous costuming, vintage props, and stunning venues continue to be popular. However, the addition of truly interactive entertainers is becoming the norm. This might include greeters who pose as party guests, singers who croon to specific audience members, or dancers who teach their choreography to willing participants. With these additions, guests will experience the entertainment rather than simply viewing it.
2. Iconic movies and television shows continue to entice planners with their popularity. Whether it’s James Bond or a best-selling Disney feature like Frozen, event executives are harnessing the value of these well-loved characters. With the added benefit of familiarity, audience members of all ages and experiences resonate with these particular entertainment options. Further ornamentation of LED lighting, décor, and signage combine with powerful entertainers to culminate in a fantasy experience for guests.
3. DJs that become VJs, because they use videos that create a visual display of the music, are a growing option. Not only does this exciting twist on traditional DJ services allow for exciting engagement from the guests, but it offers social media and interaction experiences for 21st century audiences. During the course of the event, these DJs can use videos to spark games and other teambuilding activities as they help invigorate the party.
Event planners across the country are once again booking their yearly calendars. Whether a vintage, formal, or themed event, the keys to good planning are always the same. The following tips will help as you discover how to use entertainment successfully for corporate events.
1. What is the purpose? For talent to be effective, you must first decide upon its purpose. Decide whether your event needs entertainment that is central to the evening, or that which is merely an icebreaker or a welcoming, spotlight feature. A theme show, band or DJ is an excellent choice when entertainment is a key aspect; however, greeters, an aerial bartender, or a walk-around magician is better suited for events that only need an effective thread of talent.
2. Who is the audience? It is critical that you understand who will attend the event so that you can best address their expectations. Knowing your age group and entertainment sophistication will help guide your booking decisions. A crowd filled with Millenials will most likely respond well to an interactive presentation with LED lighting, high-powered music, and experiences that pop on social media. In contrast, large events using vintage themes are typically more formal and might excite a more diverse crowd.
3. What are the time and space considerations? As you look to hire your entertainment, be sure that your venue is suitable in terms of physical space, time of the year, and recurring social events in a particular area. There’s nothing worse than having an outdoor wedding, without a contingency plan, and entertainment that suddenly won’t fit into the space provided. No planner wants to change dates after having everything planned, including talent contracts, to accommodate pre-existing events on a city’s social calendar. Be sure to check all event calendars and your contracts.
This year Santa has plenty of surprises in his bag. Traditional holiday entertainment always pleases even the most sophisticated crowd, but don’t forget about specialty entertainment that will make your Christmas party unforgettable. Here are the season’s hot themes for holiday events in 2014-15.
1. Great Gatsby/20s. By popular demand, the 1920s Gatsby Themed event maintains top billing once again this year. With its extensive, luxurious costuming, period-appropriate music, and sparkling staged entertainment throughout, it’s no wonder this show still thrills. This theme can be highly ornamented with additional acts, which only strengthens its entertainment value.
2. Brazilian. Hot on the heels of a successful and exciting World Cup,
everyone is riding the Brazilian wave to the entertainment stage. This robust and extensive offering includes a spicy mixture of Samba dancers with instructors, Latin bands, cigar rollers, muscle cars, fire entertainers, and only the finest Brazilian acts. It’s ok…let your guests feel the heat.
3. Holiday Performers. From Santa to choirs, holiday greeters to Renaissance singers, the entertainment associated with a traditional holiday gathering is timeless. Add a Flair Bartender and create a visual appeal that is exciting and quite novel to many party attendees. In fact, this easy addition lights up the evening no matter how grand or intimate your setting is.
It may be August, but as corporate event planners know, the season is about to explode. This is the perfect opportunity to ignite an event that will leave a powerful impression. Classic entertainment never disappoints, but smart planners are also able to use cutting edge entertainment as never before.
1. Technology-integrated Entertainment: Using technology for visual displays like light shows and highlighting events has great value. Now, the opportunities to effectively use technology with talent are even greater than ever. Traditional favorites like magicians, caricature artists, and painters are integrating ipads, lasers, and digital printing to captivate audiences and provide an interactive experience. As technology continues to advance, the possibilities are endless.
2. Cirque Reinvented: The popularity of Cirque de Soleil has sparked a love affair with all things acrobatic. While the trend used to focus on bizarre and quirky entertainers, the current buzz word is beauty. This includes the elegant and gravity-defying use of silks, contortionists, and aerial entertainers dressed in vibrant color. The visual spectacle always delights audiences, especially as they enter an event.
3. Truly Interactive Entertainment: The best events always make guests want to get up and dance, but now the trend is to make your participants the entertainers themselves. Using professionally-trained and exciting dance performers, these guests are taught basic choreography as if they were in their own version of Dancing with the Stars. It’s not only fun, but physically beneficial for your attendees. The culminating event of this experience is an engaging performance by dance professionals.
The best corporate event entertainment ideas might be trendy, novel, and technologically stunning; however, behind the hype there must be one crucial element…talent. While the expertise might differ, the buzz-worthy artist has spent years perfecting the music, the dance, or the craft behind the performance. Clients are attracted to the “wow factor” and power that these entertainers bring to any event. Here are a few that will not disappoint.
1. Speed Painting. This high-energy and unique display of artistic prowess allows the audience to fully engage with the artist as he creates a memorable painting. As music energizes the crowd, this painter uses color, speed, and a dramatic flair to mesmerize the audience. Corporate planners are particularly captivated by this artist’s ability to customize the brand for a product launch, awards presentation, or fund-raising charity event
2. Interactive Mime Entertainment. Mimes are not only an outstanding way to welcome guests to your event, but also a fun and engaging way to signature your event. The art of mime transcends speech and allows people to experience a situation with their own gifted imagination. That’s why this art form is so effective. These mimes will perform a cameo skit that incorporates a message from or about the company. What a brilliant way to communicate a corporate message in a fresh and effective way.
3. Flash Mob. The spontaneity behind a Flash Mob captures the attention and interest of the crowd, especially when the participants are mingling with the guests. Whether well-known, trendy dances like Thriller, Gangnam Style, and Glee cover songs ignite the crowd, or something more specific to the theme of the event, these participatory mobs transform the evening. A typical event becomes transcendent as audience members feel the buzz.