The holiday season is the perfect time for a celebration with amazing entertainment. But how do you separate your holiday party from the rest? With true talent and the inclusion of innovative ideas, your event will sparkle and shine. Here are just a few tips for how to hire the best holiday entertainment.
No other generation has had a bigger impact on our culture since the Baby Boomers than the technology savvy Millennials. So, for the group of consumers who tweet, like, and post their way through a digital world, what truly captivates them? Well, fear not. In the world of entertainment there is much that can energize and invigorate their imaginations. Here are just a few solutions in the quest to entertain the millennials.
Competition: This is a generation that perfected the idea of collaboration, in an effort to win that is. So, why not include a competitive aspect to the live entertainment at your next event. One of the best ways to do this is with a Game Show hosted by an enthusiastic MC who involves your attendees. By creating teams and the drive to win, your millennial audience will be thoroughly engaged and entertained.
Niche Entertainment: Highlight those pieces of entertainment that speak specifically to this generation. They like taking a break…especially when it includes exciting entertainment designed to let them relax and enjoy before having to focus on the work at hand. How about including a 3-minute flash mob that gives them a chance to stand up, stretch, and simply enjoy.
Live Streaming: No other generation lives on-line more than the Millennials, so why don’t you make it even easier to share their experiences? Facilitate this by designating an event planner or member of the team to live stream parts of the event. This is an exciting way for your attendees to let the world know how much fun they’re having. You gain the added side benefit of the positive publicity and excitement generated with sharing.
You’ve decided to have a Casino Party event. Now is the time to book all of the necessary talent. But, you want it to be the ultimate in fun and entertainment. Lucky for you, there are many ways to make your casino night a winner.
1. Add Costumed Greeters. Who wouldn’t want to add beauty to an event? Hiring showgirl greeters to set the stage as your guests enter is the perfect way to break the ice and begin the party. In today’s social media driven society, a few photos with costumed showgirls is not only a bonus, but also one of the most coveted mementos.
2. Add an Elvis Impersonator. Bringing the King to your event just steps up your game to a whole new level. This entertainer can not only do meet and greet, but also perform classic songs while interacting with guests. They might even believe they’ve transported to Las Vegas as they hear the iconic sound of “All Shook Up” or “Jailhouse Rock.”
3. Add a Las Vegas Floor Show. Delight your guests with a full house of entertainment from the casino to greeters and Elvis, to a theme show complete with live band, singers, and choreographed dance routines. Whether its the dazzling costumes, or incredible talent, your attendees will feel like they’ve been dealt a royal flush.
Event planners across the country are once again booking their yearly calendars. Whether a vintage, formal, or themed event, the keys to good planning are always the same. The following tips will help as you discover how to use entertainment successfully for corporate events.
1. What is the purpose? For talent to be effective, you must first decide upon its purpose. Decide whether your event needs entertainment that is central to the evening, or that which is merely an icebreaker or a welcoming, spotlight feature. A theme show, band or DJ is an excellent choice when entertainment is a key aspect; however, greeters, an aerial bartender, or a walk-around magician is better suited for events that only need an effective thread of talent.
2. Who is the audience? It is critical that you understand who will attend the event so that you can best address their expectations. Knowing your age group and entertainment sophistication will help guide your booking decisions. A crowd filled with Millenials will most likely respond well to an interactive presentation with LED lighting, high-powered music, and experiences that pop on social media. In contrast, large events using vintage themes are typically more formal and might excite a more diverse crowd.
3. What are the time and space considerations? As you look to hire your entertainment, be sure that your venue is suitable in terms of physical space, time of the year, and recurring social events in a particular area. There’s nothing worse than having an outdoor wedding, without a contingency plan, and entertainment that suddenly won’t fit into the space provided. No planner wants to change dates after having everything planned, including talent contracts, to accommodate pre-existing events on a city’s social calendar. Be sure to check all event calendars and your contracts.
Tis the season to host your stellar black-tie event to wrap up the year. No matter what the ocassion, an end-of-the year party can never be over the top. After all, ringing in a new year should wow all of your attendees. When your event requires “champagne wishes and cavier dreams,” choosing any one of the following options guarantees a rockin’ good time.
1. Liven it up! Living decor can provide an exciting and unexpected thrill for your attendess as they party the night away. One option is an elegant aerial bartender who pours champagne or wine as she floats above the bubbles she pours. Or, greeters dressed in elaborate and authentic costumes can transport your guests to another time or era. Perhaps Vegas greeters can add just the right spice of life to a casino party with their feathers and sequins. Statues painted to represent everything from Renaissance sculptures to popular urban characters definitely provide the perfect opportunity for your guests to mix and mingle.
2. Use the Techno-Human Experience. Wow…Applause Entertainment just coined a new phrase (we think)? Either way, this option, which combines both the latest and greatest use of technology with live entertainment, is sure to captivate the crowd. Whether this includes dancers wearing LED costumes, spectacular light shows while live musicians and djs perform, or an explosion of confetti from canons to truly celebrate, the party will be one to remember.
3. Evething Old is New Again. Whether its retro Vegas, including a great Sinatra impersonator, or old arcade games to entice Generation X, what comes around goes around. There are a growing number of opportunities for guests to relive their childhood with interactive games like Centipede, Pinball, and Pac Man. Why not bring in the new year with a cherished memory from the past?
Press 1 to order a clown…
Press 2 to order an event greeter…
In this digital age it is easy to feel disconnected and ignored; but, when hiring entertainment that has the power to create a once-in-a-lifetime experience, it is essential that precise communication between you and your team is the centerpiece of the creative process. Tired of waiting on hold? Direct communication is key…
1. Do they listen? As you plan your event, a good team will be receptive to your needs, expectations, and ideas. There should be a healthy, creative dialogue that ensures your confidence in their commitment to provide the ultimate entertainment for your event.
2. Are they timely? Planning a big event takes time. During the process, your team should demonstrate their professionalism by providing pertinent information promptly. E-mails and phone calls should be returned within 24 hours so that you know they are dedicated to the success of your event.
3. Do they follow through? As your event approaches, your team should be on scene both before and during the final moments to guarantee a seamless production. A professional team will predict unforeseen circumstances, handle them with ease, and keep you calm, comfortable, and confident.
One of the specialties of Applause Productions is showcasing entertainment to best suit the needs of the client. More than 20 years of event production experience have allowed us to work individually with clients to produce the perfect event entertainment; not just talent, but also the total experience. As a result, we thought we’d share how to make your year-end party a success.
1. Understand your budget: Realize that you must allow enough money for flowers, food, décor and other parts of the party that integrate with the entertainment. Budget realistically, especially in this economy.
2. Realistic entertainment expectations: If you are working with a limited budget, don’t expect headline entertainment that demands thousands of dollars. A great experience can still be created even with a fixed budget; jazz trios, intimate stage shows, walk-around magic, or specialty characters can add just the right pop to your party, and for the right price.
3. Understand your audience: It is vital that you characterize the party attendees. Will they want interactive opportunities? If you know your group doesn’t like to dance, perhaps a mentalist show or stand-up comedian would better entertain your group. The experience you desire is only possible when you truly focus on the needs of your audience.