The end of the year is always a time to celebrate. And that means parties with festive food, fun, and frivolity. But the best parties include entertainment that leaves a lasting impression and a desire to be on next year’s guest list. These extravagant entertainment options will show you how to heat up your 2015 holiday party.
This year Santa has plenty of surprises in his bag. Traditional holiday entertainment always pleases even the most sophisticated crowd, but don’t forget about specialty entertainment that will make your Christmas party unforgettable. Here are the season’s hot themes for holiday events in 2014-15.
1. Great Gatsby/20s. By popular demand, the 1920s Gatsby Themed event maintains top billing once again this year. With its extensive, luxurious costuming, period-appropriate music, and sparkling staged entertainment throughout, it’s no wonder this show still thrills. This theme can be highly ornamented with additional acts, which only strengthens its entertainment value.
2. Brazilian. Hot on the heels of a successful and exciting World Cup,
everyone is riding the Brazilian wave to the entertainment stage. This robust and extensive offering includes a spicy mixture of Samba dancers with instructors, Latin bands, cigar rollers, muscle cars, fire entertainers, and only the finest Brazilian acts. It’s ok…let your guests feel the heat.
3. Holiday Performers. From Santa to choirs, holiday greeters to Renaissance singers, the entertainment associated with a traditional holiday gathering is timeless. Add a Flair Bartender and create a visual appeal that is exciting and quite novel to many party attendees. In fact, this easy addition lights up the evening no matter how grand or intimate your setting is.
Whether an intimate party or year-end extravaganza a corporate entertainment thank you may come in many different packages. Successful businesses know how to maintain and improve employee morale. They know that a memorable party with live entertainment is a fantastic way to express gratitude. Likewise, entertainment companies, such as Applause, are grateful to have the opportunities to provide such empowering events. As we look back on 2013, we want to say thanks and remember some of the outstanding productions of the past year.
1. Roaring 20s Year-End Party: Integrated and high-energy live entertainment made this event pop from start to stop. By including costumed-greeters, live bands, a floor show, and stilt-walking jugglers, guests were transported to the world of the Great Gatsby. Greeters asked for passwords to enter the “Cotton Club,” as they accompanied guests into the main ballroom. Caricature artists, tarot card readers and fortune tellers made guests feel as though they were part of the action. The result? A fluid, well-choreographed, and an interactive event…plus, a very happy planner.
2.Culinary Industry Conference: Live entertainment under the beautiful Arizona sky set this production apart from many others this season. A beautiful resort terrace set the stage, as Taiko drummers, a German polka band, a British string ensemble, and Belgian musicians highlighted the international affair. Talent and food worked together to create a multi-sensory delight. Strategic positioning, lighting, and timing allowed the acoustic sounds to blend a savory atmosphere of conversation and culinary favorites. Bon appetite!
3. Unique convention entertainment: Home on the range doesn’t necessarily apply to most big-city convention centers, but in this case it did. Dancing saloon girls, honky-tonk piano players, a singing cowboy on horseback, and an authentic card shark kept guests thoroughly entertained and engaged as they walked the convention floor. The 1880s were alive and well in this western city thanks to the live entertainment that transported, delighted, and satisfied all involved.
Tis the season to host your stellar black-tie event to wrap up the year. No matter what the ocassion, an end-of-the year party can never be over the top. After all, ringing in a new year should wow all of your attendees. When your event requires “champagne wishes and cavier dreams,” choosing any one of the following options guarantees a rockin’ good time.
1. Liven it up! Living decor can provide an exciting and unexpected thrill for your attendess as they party the night away. One option is an elegant aerial bartender who pours champagne or wine as she floats above the bubbles she pours. Or, greeters dressed in elaborate and authentic costumes can transport your guests to another time or era. Perhaps Vegas greeters can add just the right spice of life to a casino party with their feathers and sequins. Statues painted to represent everything from Renaissance sculptures to popular urban characters definitely provide the perfect opportunity for your guests to mix and mingle.
2. Use the Techno-Human Experience. Wow…Applause Entertainment just coined a new phrase (we think)? Either way, this option, which combines both the latest and greatest use of technology with live entertainment, is sure to captivate the crowd. Whether this includes dancers wearing LED costumes, spectacular light shows while live musicians and djs perform, or an explosion of confetti from canons to truly celebrate, the party will be one to remember.
3. Evething Old is New Again. Whether its retro Vegas, including a great Sinatra impersonator, or old arcade games to entice Generation X, what comes around goes around. There are a growing number of opportunities for guests to relive their childhood with interactive games like Centipede, Pinball, and Pac Man. Why not bring in the new year with a cherished memory from the past?
It is the most wonderful time of the year. So, why not throw a party that pops to celebrate the accomplishments of 2013 with friends, family, and business associates. Whether you choose a cocktail party, intimate gathering, or a larger venue, live entertainment is the best way to say, “Now, this is a party.” To help you best plan the brightest event, we’ve done your homework. Choose one of these options, and your party will stand out from the rest.
1. Get on Your Feet. It’s time to celebrate. After a well-designed dinner, your guests are ready for a shift in energy. Make them part of the action with an interactive DJ, choreographed dances and lessons, or even a spontaneous flash mob. These options are perfect for a crowd that has energy, personality, and just a little swag. Think about it, have you ever seen a room full of people dancing with anything but a smile on their faces? Fun is a powerful choice — it works. So let it work for your party.
2. Winter Wonderland. With the clear, chilly nights in the Valley, nothing is more romantic and elegant than a party with entertainment everywhere. Guests can view the night sky with professional astronomers, discuss those beautiful constellations with an astrologer and Tarot card reader, and couples can capture the essence in a photo booth dressed with a stunning background. All the while, the sounds of duo guitars seranade the guests. What a marvelous night for a moon dance…
3. Make me Laugh. Nothing is more contageous than the sound of laughter. So, treat your guests to a stand-up comedian, interactive, improvisational troupe, and a lively band. A good comedian can capture the audience, make them laugh, and get them ready to dance the night away. Or, if your group is particulary witty, perhaps they would enjoy joining in the fun with an improvisational comedy team. Either way your guests will be energized for the night ahead.
One of the specialties of Applause Productions is showcasing entertainment to best suit the needs of the client. More than 20 years of event production experience have allowed us to work individually with clients to produce the perfect event entertainment; not just talent, but also the total experience. As a result, we thought we’d share how to make your year-end party a success.
1. Understand your budget: Realize that you must allow enough money for flowers, food, décor and other parts of the party that integrate with the entertainment. Budget realistically, especially in this economy.
2. Realistic entertainment expectations: If you are working with a limited budget, don’t expect headline entertainment that demands thousands of dollars. A great experience can still be created even with a fixed budget; jazz trios, intimate stage shows, walk-around magic, or specialty characters can add just the right pop to your party, and for the right price.
3. Understand your audience: It is vital that you characterize the party attendees. Will they want interactive opportunities? If you know your group doesn’t like to dance, perhaps a mentalist show or stand-up comedian would better entertain your group. The experience you desire is only possible when you truly focus on the needs of your audience.