The holiday season is the perfect time for a celebration with amazing entertainment. But how do you separate your holiday party from the rest? With true talent and the inclusion of innovative ideas, your event will sparkle and shine. Here are just a few tips for how to hire the best holiday entertainment.
No other generation has had a bigger impact on our culture since the Baby Boomers than the technology savvy Millennials. So, for the group of consumers who tweet, like, and post their way through a digital world, what truly captivates them? Well, fear not. In the world of entertainment there is much that can energize and invigorate their imaginations. Here are just a few solutions in the quest to entertain the millennials.
Competition: This is a generation that perfected the idea of collaboration, in an effort to win that is. So, why not include a competitive aspect to the live entertainment at your next event. One of the best ways to do this is with a Game Show hosted by an enthusiastic MC who involves your attendees. By creating teams and the drive to win, your millennial audience will be thoroughly engaged and entertained.
Niche Entertainment: Highlight those pieces of entertainment that speak specifically to this generation. They like taking a break…especially when it includes exciting entertainment designed to let them relax and enjoy before having to focus on the work at hand. How about including a 3-minute flash mob that gives them a chance to stand up, stretch, and simply enjoy.
Live Streaming: No other generation lives on-line more than the Millennials, so why don’t you make it even easier to share their experiences? Facilitate this by designating an event planner or member of the team to live stream parts of the event. This is an exciting way for your attendees to let the world know how much fun they’re having. You gain the added side benefit of the positive publicity and excitement generated with sharing.
Every bride wants to have the wedding of a lifetime. Whether elegant and traditional, or quirky and avant garde, the memories will last forever. But, why shouldn’t that be true for your guests as well. With just a little ingenuity, you can create a wedding the excites both you and your guests.
1. Technology – Use video mapping to transform any surface into a video display of special moments between the bride and groom, favorite family moments, or graphic displays that excite the imagination. All of these videos can also align with the theme of the wedding as a whole, whether that’s a geographic location or a special color or image. This is a beautiful way to utilize the brilliance of 21st Century technology.
2. Theme – Incorporating a theme as a central focus of a wedding continues to gain popularity. Some brides transport their guests to eras in the past, while others use all of the unique features of scenic or special geographic locations. For example, special blessings from Native American traditions can add a cultural meaning for weddings in the natural beauty of the Southwest.
3. Timeless – Weddings, quite simply, are inherently beautiful and for those brides who choose a more traditional presentation, the elegance of the event will transcend time. Including classic musical entertainment like a string quartet, harp and flute duo, or an elegant acoustic guitar can be the perfect addition. Music touches the heart and allows your guests to emotionally connect with the beauty of the moment.
The goal of any corporate event planner is to create a unique, memorable experience. This often includes interactive entertainment that allows the guests to engage with the entertainment. However, the newest way to keep your attendees on their toes is by making them part of the show. This spring, bring new life to your corporate event.
1. Flash Mobs: These quintessential opportunities for engagement are in demand once again. This is the perfect way to ensure your guests remember this event forever because they become the entertainment. With only a minimal amount of preparation from the guests, they have the chance to shine like the stars they are. Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook be ready!
2. All-Inclusive Entertainment: Whether this option focuses on a specific theme such as The Great Gatsby, or simply includes an assortment of gifted entertainers, a large-scale event that transports your attendees to a different world is a great way to immerse them in the event. No matter where their eyes may fall, your guests have another delicious vantage point of entertainment. From glamorous character greeters to vintage cars, walk-around magicians and engaging dancers to fine cuisine and lavish décor, the evening transcends a typical event and becomes magic.
3. Polynesian Luau: Spring or summer escapes no longer have to include long flights or expensive vacations…create a tropical paradise in any locale with authentic South Pacific entertainment. From royal hula dancers to fireknife artists, this package is complete with interactive coconut shaking fun. Your male guests will especially appreciate the opportunity to dance with exotic, traditional hula girls from the islands.
You may still be recovering from the new year…but there is something big around the corner. February brings love, roses, and romance…and the opportunity to let the good times roll with a monster Mardi Gras party. Keep reading to find out how Mardi Gras parties are done right.
1. Variety is the spice: Just like a fine gumbo has a variety of tantalizing ingredients, so should your Mardi Gras party. This might include a sultry jazz trio, a vibrant theme show with colorful masks and costuming, or even a slight-of-hand magician or fire eater to bring out a true parade ambiance. You may not be in New Orleans, but your guests will still feel the heat.
2. Musical Tribute: Capture the true essence of New Orleans with a Mari Gras Theme Show highlighting sultry jazz, rhythm and blues, and up-beat excitement as the saints go marchin’ in. This fully-choreographed stage show includes a live band and the heart-pounding excitement of talented dancers, musicians, and vocalists. Add an interactive component to the experience and your entertainment gumbo is ready to serve.
3. Street Beat: Add to the true authenticity of your Mardi Gras experience by bringing traditional street performers into a grand finale parade. From a single saxophone playing in your French quarter, to cadence drum lines, stilt walkers and costumed greeters following a core of blues musicians, guests are certain to feel the energy and strut their stuff. Who knows? It can start “something”…and there just might be some colorful beads flying.
The end of the year is always a time to celebrate. And that means parties with festive food, fun, and frivolity. But the best parties include entertainment that leaves a lasting impression and a desire to be on next year’s guest list. These extravagant entertainment options will show you how to heat up your 2015 holiday party.
Location, location, location. This doesn’t only apply to real estate, but also to creating the best parties. Traditional, elegant venues like beautiful ballrooms and stunning resorts will never disappoint. But, if you are looking for something just a bit different, there are many ways to use unique venues to make your event pop.
1. City Center. As the classic song says, “You can always go Downtown.” With so many cities spending dollars on revitalization efforts, what better way to celebrate than with a party. This venue is perfect for exploring the multi-use aspects of everyday spaces, in which the beauty of the architecture integrates with artists, musicians, and other entertainers.
2. Local Landmarks: Visitors and locals alike are always seeking favorite hot spots. This can apply to your venue choice as well. Create a stunning and unexpected event that allows a well-known spot to become something greater. Don’t overlook those special spots unique to your locale. Places like zoos, museums, libraries, gardens, and restored buildings can provide your guests with a feeling of connection, and resonate with all the senses.
3. National Treasures: No matter what area of the country you are in, there are opportunities to enjoy attractions as a venue for your event. Greeters can meet guests for guided tours, entertainment can take center stage, or food vendors and other culinary creations can be highlighted. Use the natural beauty of your surroundings to create something truly spectacular and specific to your area.
Everyone wants a party that grabs the attention of the audience and social media users. One of the best ways to ensure a memorable event is with top-notch entertainment. This is especially true with unique, creative, and spectacular acts. Here are some unusual entertainment ideas that create the wow factor.
1. LED-Lighted Performers: LED lighting has transitioned from a stage effect to a brilliant and attractive way to dress entertainers. Whether dancers, greeters, or even as party favors for your guests, a little bit of light brings something special to all aspects of entertainment. (Special Thanks to Fable Photography)
2. Drum Line: Thrill your guests with the heart-pounding sounds of a pulsating drum line. This musical delight is no longer limited to college football games or energizing morning kick-offs, it can provide just the right amount of spunk to any event or party. An added kick is the LED lights that appear on the drums.
3. Unique Cirque: Audiences have been delighted with the technical artistry of cirque performers for the past decade. When the beautiful movement is combined with 3-D shapes in a woven dance of tangible and intangible energy, the result is astounding. Through the interaction, the body becomes art. Be prepared for the unusual.
Each year professionals in the catering and event industry gather to communicate, celebrate, and educate themselves on the latest and greatest innovations in their profession. This year’s NACE Experience 2015, held in Scottsdale, Arizona, didn’t disappoint. For those of you who were unable to attend, here are some vital ideas that will help you create a fantastic event.
1. Keeping Customers Loyal: In a valuable keynote presentation, marketing expert Jackie Huba tells businesses to treasure their loyal customers and not spend a disproportionate amount of time seeking new ones. The 1 percent base of customers who stay loyal are worthy of your total energy. Give them opportunities to talk about what you are doing, stay connected with them, and remember that word of mouth is the best tool any good business can use.
2. Culinary Trends: Moderated by the illustrious Chef Egg, attendees were educated by 4 preeminent chefs in today’s most effective trends in cuisine. The primary of which is the use of local produce and age-old techniques for healthy and delicious cooking. Some chefs even have access to their own gardens on resort properties. Additionally, use of a Sous Vide Precision Cooker is gaining popularity once again. This lengthy and consistent process, which was used more than 100 years ago, allows for incredible uniformity for large groups without diminishing food value or taste.
3. Stay Focused: Creative business owners were reminded by celebrity designer Colin Cowie to stay focused on both tasks and theme as they work to create spectacular events. Whether planning a wedding for 50 or a grand gala for 5,000, stimulate the 5 senses and you will have success.
You’ve decided to have a Casino Party event. Now is the time to book all of the necessary talent. But, you want it to be the ultimate in fun and entertainment. Lucky for you, there are many ways to make your casino night a winner.
1. Add Costumed Greeters. Who wouldn’t want to add beauty to an event? Hiring showgirl greeters to set the stage as your guests enter is the perfect way to break the ice and begin the party. In today’s social media driven society, a few photos with costumed showgirls is not only a bonus, but also one of the most coveted mementos.
2. Add an Elvis Impersonator. Bringing the King to your event just steps up your game to a whole new level. This entertainer can not only do meet and greet, but also perform classic songs while interacting with guests. They might even believe they’ve transported to Las Vegas as they hear the iconic sound of “All Shook Up” or “Jailhouse Rock.”
3. Add a Las Vegas Floor Show. Delight your guests with a full house of entertainment from the casino to greeters and Elvis, to a theme show complete with live band, singers, and choreographed dance routines. Whether its the dazzling costumes, or incredible talent, your attendees will feel like they’ve been dealt a royal flush.